Me Luna Menstrual Cups – Reusable Menstrual Cups Designed For Every Woman
FDA approved menstrual cups made in Germany, now available in Australia!
Me Luna menstrual cups are the world’s most versatile reusable period cups. Imagine a menstrual cup so comfortable, you often forget it’s there. Me Luna offer an impressive range of sizes, lengths and softness options, allowing you to find you perfect fit. It might sound confusing to start with, however, if you take a moment to follow our step by step guide, you will have found a reusable menstrual cup made to fit you, in no time! Just find your size, choose your firmness, consider your length and select your preferred grip.
- 4 sizes – S, M, L, XL
- 3 softness levels for comfort – Sport, Classic and Soft
- 2 lengths – Me Luna and Me Luna Shorty
- 4 grip options – Ring, Ball, Stem and Basic
This small, pliable menstrual cup is simply folded and then inserted into the vagina like a tampon, where it will then unfold itself and collect the menstrual flow. The menstrual cup should be emptied and rinsed out after a few hours as needed. Your menstrual cup can be used again immediately after cleaning.
When it comes to quality and safety, Me Luna leave nothing to chance. All production processes take place in Germany using only high-quality, medical grade TPE from German production. Rest assured Me Luna have past the most stringent safety tests, and are one of only a hand full of menstrual cup brands to receive FDA approval. Even if you decide not to go with Me Luna, please beware of bogus claims about ‘Medical grade materials,’ being made by over excited retailers. Organic menstrual cups are yet to be produced by any manufacturer. The vast majority of period cups are manufactured in China, not FDA approved, and are of questionable quality. Me Luna is the next best thing to organic menstrual cups, with full FDA approval.
Menstrual cup benefits are many and varied. Easy to use, practical, hygienic, environmentally friendly and offer a completely new feeling of independence. Me Luna menstrual cups are the smart choice.
Find your Me Luna cup size:
You may be surprised, but the heaviness or your menstrual flow does not necessarily determine the size of your reusable menstrual cup! Even if you have a heavy flow, a large menstrual cup may not be suitable as it might not be able to unfold properly and may not be very comfortable. On the other side, your flow may be light, but if you use a smaller cup and it is too small, it might change positions or not seal properly.
Me Luna are easy to use and come in four sizes making them suitable for everybody, from young teens to mums who have finished with having children. Aside from sizes, options of long or short and varying degrees firmness allows for a more precise fit and a higher level of comfort.
Now you know your size – select your softness
A reusable menstrual cup must be easy to insert and then unfold fully inside the vagina. Only then will it work perfectly and form a proper seal. Pressure from the surrounding muscles must not prevent the menstrual cup from unfolding. A menstrual cup should not remain pressed flat under any circumstances. The material must therefore have a certain amount of tension to spring back into shape.
However, it goes without saying that the cup should not feel uncomfortably hard for you. A menstrual cup should create no sensation of pressure whatsoever.
When inserted, and provided your cup fits and is in the correct position, you will not feel a thing. You will only feel a sensation of pressure if the cup is not sitting correctly and is too big for you. The degree of softness is not to blame in this case, but the dimensions of the reusable feminine cups.
Me Luna Classic
Me Luna Classic is our most popular softness level, as it is suitable for most women. Me Luna Classic is easy to insert, pleasantly soft, but still firm enough to ensure that your menstrual cup can unfold after it is inserted. The majority of users find Me Luna Classic to be comfortable and not too hard. For some women with well-toned pelvic floor muscles, the Me Luna classic is to soft, resulting in the unfolding of the cup to more time consuming.
- with normally developed muscle tone
- with normal sensitivity (no pain or pressure from previous tampon use)
Me Luna Sport
The Me Luna Sport is our most firm menstrual cup offering a higher degree of tension. When you press it together, you can feel the force with which it springs back. This high tension means that it can unfold perfectly, even against the pressure of the surrounding muscles, and will therefore maintain a seal even while physically active. Very few women find Me Luna Sport to be uncomfortable during insertion, and if they do it is usually only during their first few uses, while they are still inexperienced. However, many users really enjoy how easily the reusable period cup unfolds and many women experience fewer problems with the menstrual cup leaking.
Me Luna Sport is most suitable for woman:
- whose athletic fitness is above average, or who have well-toned pelvic floor muscles. Some sports and exercises have a strong effect on the pelvic floor muscles. These include, in particular: yoga, running, horse riding, pilates, weight training, pelvic floor exercises and pole dancing. If you practise any of the above, then you should definitely consider a Me Luna Sport reusable feminine cup
- who are slim, of normal physical fitness, under 25 and have not given birth. You can generally assume that your pelvic floor muscles are still in tip-top condition
- with normal muscle tone who like a menstrual cup to unfold easily and quickly
Me Luna Soft
The Me Luna Soft is our most soft menstrual cup. It feels soft to touch and is quite easy to press together. However, some of the tension is lost compared with the Me Luna Classic. The degree of softness is very soft and barely springs back at all. The Me Luna Soft is more difficult to insert and unfold, and requires much more dexterity and patience. If the pressure from the surrounding muscles is too strong, there is the risk that the menstrual cup will not unfold correctly inside the vagina and will not form a seal. Make sure you become familiar with checking it has unfolded completely if using this reusable feminine cup. Me Luna Soft was developed for women who are particularly sensitive, and for women whose pelvic floor muscles are less developed.
- who find using tampons uncomfortable, causing pressure or pain
- who are particularly sensitive to pressure and pain
- whose pelvic floor muscles are less developed
Me Luna Shorty
In addition to the standard length Me Luna menstrual cup, you also have the option of a Me Luna Shorty. The Me Luna Shorty is particularly suitable for users whose vagina canal is very short for various reasons or whose cervix is located close to the entrance of the vagina. Women who had a prolapsed uterus (uterine descent), may also find the Me Luna Shorty to be a better option than a standard reusable menstrual cup.
The shape of the Me Luna Shorty is slightly different from the standard Me Luna. It is slightly shorter and runs tapered to a point. Due to the short cone shape it pops open more strongly and seals a little more firmly. Removal of the reusable feminine cup may require a little more practice under certain circumstances.
- a very low cervix during menstruation
- a very short vaginal canal
- a prolapsed uterus
Me Luna Grip Options
All Me Luna menstrual cups also come in four different grip options, as we know everybody has different preferences for their reusable feminine cups.
- The ring is easy to grasp which can make removal easier. Often preferred by beginners, especially as you can also easily attach a withdrawal cord or ‘Nupsi’ to it.
- The ball is our most popular grip style as it is the least noticeable
- The stem is recommended for woman who prefer to wear Me Luna menestrual cups very deeply, or whose cervix is positioned very far back in the vagina.
- The basic model has no grip at all, and we recommend this style only for very experienced users. Insertion and removal require a lot of practice.