Looking for eco friendly cleaning products, especially for your eco laundry – soapberry will be your answer!
A soapberry – also called soap nut, is the dried fruit of the Sapindus Mukorossgrows (Soap Nut) tree and is therefor 100% natural. The organic soapberries contain saponin which is a natural and earth friendly cleaning product.
Organic soapberries are mostly used as a natural laundry detergent by placing a few soap nut shells in the washing machine with the clothes. Due to the saponin, the soapberries, will leave your clothes, clean and soft, free from synthetic odours and chemical residues.
You also cook the soapberries to create other eco friendly cleaning products.
How to use soapberries in your eco laundry?
- Simply put 5 berries in the cotton wash bag provided and double tie the top.
- Soak in hot water for a few minuets first, if you are doing a cold wash.
- If you like fragrance, add 4-5 drops of the laundry tonic and pop it in the wash.
- Each soapberry can be reused 3 – 7 times.
- Once they are at the end of their life, place them in your compost.