What Me Luna Menstrual Cup should I get?
First find your cup size
Me Luna offer an impressive range of size, length and softness options, allowing you to find you perfect fit. It might sound confusing to start with, however, if you take a moment to follow our step by step guide, you will have found a menstrual cup made to fit you, in no time! Just find your size, choose your firmness, consider your length and select your preferred grip.
Now find your softness
MeLuna Classic is our best-selling menstrual cup as it is suitable for most women. MeLuna Classic is pleasantly soft, but still firm enough to ensure that your menstrual cup can properly unfold after it is inserted. MeLuna Classic is usually the best menstrual cup for woman with normally developed muscle tone and normal sensitivity (no pain or pressure from previous tampon use)
Me Luna Classic is most suitable for woman:
- with normally developed muscle tone
- with normal sensitivity (no pain or pressure from previous tampon use)
The Me Luna Sport is a slightly firmer menstrual cup offering a higher degree of tension. Most suitable for woman whose athletic fitness is above average, or who have well-toned pelvic floor muscles
Me Luna Sport is most suitable for woman:
- whose athletic fitness is above average, or who have well-toned pelvic floor muscles. Some sports and exercises have a strong effect on the pelvic floor muscles. These include, in particular: yoga, horse riding, Pilates, weight training, pelvic floor exercises and pole dancing. If you practise any of the above, then you should definitely consider a Me Luna Sport
- who are slim, of normal physical fitness, under 25 and have not given birth. You can generally assume that your pelvic floor muscles are still in tip-top condition
- with normal muscle tone who like a menstrual cup to unfold easily and quickly
The Me Luna Soft Menstrual cup feels soft to touch and is quite easy to press together. MeLuna Soft is most suitable for woman who find using tampons uncomfortable, causing pressure or pain. For those who are particularly sensitive to pressure and pain or whose pelvic floor muscles are less developed
Me Luna Soft is most suitable for woman:
- who find using tampons uncomfortable, causing pressure or pain
- who are particularly sensitive to pressure and pain
- whose pelvic floor muscles are less developed
In addition to the standard length Me Luna menstrual cup, you also have the option of a Me Luna Shorty. The Me Luna Shorty is particularly suitable for users whose vagina canal is very short for various reasons or whose cervix is located close to the entrance of the vagina. Women who had a prolapsed uterus (uterine descent), may also find the Me Luna Shorty to be a better option than a standard menstrual cup.
The shape of the Me Luna Shorty is slightly different from the standard Me Luna. It is slightly shorter and runs tapered to a point. Due to the short cone shape it pops open more strongly and seals a little more firmly. Removal may require a little more practice under certain circumstances.
Me Luna Shorty is most suitable for woman who have:
- a very low cervix during menstruation
- a very short vaginal canal
- a prolapsed uterus
All Me Luna menstrual cups also come in four different grip options, as we know everybody had different preferences.
- The ring is easy to grasp which can make removal easier. Often preferred by beginners, especially as you can also easily attach a withdrawal cord or ‘Nupsi’ to it.
- The ball is our most popular grip style as it is the least noticeable
- The stem is recommended for woman who prefer to wear Me Luna very deeply, or whose cervix is positioned very far back in the vagina.
- The basic model has no grip at all, and we recommend this style only for very experienced users. Insertion and removal require a lot of practice.