Biodegradable toothbrush which can go on your compost once finished
The Bio Toothbrush by The Natural Family Co. (same company as Jack & Jill) is an adults size, biodegradable tooth brush,, designed to provide you with a beautiful clean, while giving peace of mind that it will end up in the compost, not landfill. Made from 100% biodegradable, non-GMO cornstarch, the tooth brush handle goes in the compost bucket, while the soft bristle nylon head can be recycled.
- Thoroughly rinse before & after brushing
- Stand vertical to allow the bristles to air dry
- Sterilise tooth brush regularly
- Break off toothbrush head
- Discard thoughtfully. Check with local recycling programs if suitable (Nylon is recyclable)
- Place the rest of the toothbrush into your compost
Typically takes approximately 1 year to break down into a chalk like stick in a home compost. (90 days to break down in a commercial compost.)
It is recommend by dentists to replace your toothbrush every 6 to 8 weeks, or after recovering from an illness.
Caution must be taken not to press to firmly and or brush too vigorously, as the natural cornstarch fiber handle is a little bit more brittle than disposable plastic tooth brushes