Bamboo clothes pegs – an environmentally friendly alternative to plastic washing pegs
Made from sustainable bamboo with recyclable stainless steel springs, these cute little bamboo clothes pegs are biodegradable and compostable.
Bamboo is a strong and durable natural material resistant to the high UV conditions which we experience in the Australian climate. Therefor the bamboo clothes pegs should not become sun damaged unlike some other wooden pegs. You also don’t need to worry about stains on your light clothes, as bamboo pegs contain very few tannin’s.
Did you know bamboo is actually a grass? When harvested the plant quickly regrows from the roots. Bamboo is such a hardy and vigorous plant that is not necessary to use herbicides or pesticides on. The right species in correct climate will reach maturity between 3 and 5 years. Bamboo has a huge variety of uses from clothing to cutlery, flooring to furniture, it is ever being used in road bases and to building bridges. Truly versatile and sustainable, bamboo is a sensible choice for the environment and the future.
- Do not leave out in the rain
- When not in use store in a dry environment
Be the change:
- Accidentally dropped plastic pegs break up into tiny little micoplastics when run over by the lawnmower.
- At our beaches you will often find plastic pegs,which were flushed down storm water drains and ended up in the ocean
- Bamboo pegs will not contribute to the plastic problems of the world
- Plastic free cardboard packaging, making waste-free living even easier